More Proof that Martians Exist…

by Lynn on July 6, 2010

Yesterday, I reported that Martians were trying to contact me.
Today, I have further proof that Martians are among us.
I spotted the evidence on my evening walk.
Look at this weirdness:

All year, this tree looked like a “normal” tree…until now.
It revealed it’s true colors.  It is a tree from Mars.
Just look at those funky flowers.

This isn’t an earthly flower. This is a Martian flower.
Little Green Men planted this tree in our field!!!!

I did what every good citizen does in these circumstances.
I ran home and reported this to the authorities.
In other words, I told my husband.

My beloved looked concerned.
He suggested that I take a nap.
He even offered to make dinner.
I’m no dummy. I took him up on the offer.

But then it occurred to me…
What if my husband is a Martian?

Christine July 6, 2010 at 7:22 am

Smart girl! Authorities=husband–lol. Better keep an eye on him!
.-= Christine´s last blog ..Time for a change =-.

alison July 6, 2010 at 8:31 am

well….men ARE from mars you know! when they grunt and burp, it’s really just their way of communicating with the mothership.
.-= alison´s last blog ..there once was a girl =-.

Oklahoma Granny July 6, 2010 at 9:40 am

Maybe I’m part Martian because I love those kinds of trees. On the other hand, my husband, the earthling, hates them. LOL
.-= Oklahoma Granny´s last blog ..Its About To Get Crowded =-.

Caution July 6, 2010 at 9:53 am

Those trees are all over Kentucky, and when I was there last week visiting my parents, I couldn’t decide if I loved or hated them. What kind of tree is it?
.-= Caution´s last blog ..At Least I Probably Weigh Less Now =-.

M @ Betty Crapper July 6, 2010 at 10:02 am

My mom has a tree that grows well in South Florida whose flowers look like that. It’s a powder puff tree. I don’t think it grows up North.
p.s. I’ve given you an award
.-= M @ Betty Crapper´s last blog ..A Blog with Substance =-.

TechnoBabe July 6, 2010 at 10:59 am

Does your husband have pink spiky hair?
.-= TechnoBabe´s last blog ..Tulsa Time =-.

Maria D. @ Downright Domesticity July 6, 2010 at 11:26 am

I always thought that those trees were proof that Dr. Seuss still lived. Maybe he is a Martian?
.-= Maria D. @ Downright Domesticity´s last blog ..Use It Up- Wear It Out- Grapenuts =-.

Mellodee July 6, 2010 at 12:30 pm

If Husbands are really from Mars, that could explain a lot!!
.-= Mellodee´s last blog ..Bits and Pieces ad infinitum =-.

Maureen@IslandRoar July 6, 2010 at 2:21 pm

That is a way cool tree!
.-= Maureen@IslandRoar´s last blog ..Spin Cycle- Poetry =-.

jo July 6, 2010 at 2:25 pm

He’s definitely Martian. No earthly man offers to make dinner!

Diana July 6, 2010 at 3:22 pm

I so LOVE those trees! In case anyone wants to know, those are Mimosa trees. Mmmmmm, they smell so wonderful! We’ve grown and sold them in the plant nurseries.

Yes, I work for the Martian garden center.

LOL! :-D
.-= Diana´s last blog ..blog-aversary month =-.

tammy July 6, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I thought we all knew that men were martians anyway. The way I look at it, take what you can get. He offered to make dinner? Take it. Enjoy it. :)
.-= tammy´s last blog ..Can you point me to the exchange department please =-.

Terra July 6, 2010 at 4:16 pm

That tree does look kind of strange; do you have a guide book to the plants that grow on Mars? Maybe a reader who is from Mars can comment here about whether this is a Martian tree.
.-= Terra´s last blog ..Christmas in July and our Christmas tips blog =-.

broot July 6, 2010 at 4:33 pm

those look like our New Zealand Pohutukawa tree’s flowers. :) They do look very outer-spacey, don’t they! They’re pretty, at any rate. Our Pohutukawa is red, not a pretty pink like that.
.-= broot´s last blog ..Messy brain- messy house =-.

Becky July 6, 2010 at 6:15 pm

Hmmmm….he did seem to be covering, looking back at his reaction. He probably wanted you out of the way so he could send a message about their lack of stealth….on the other hand, those are some pretty cool flowers on that weird tree….

trofish July 27, 2010 at 1:28 pm

it was very interesting to read http://www.forloveorfunny.com
I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

stankoff August 1, 2010 at 8:54 pm

I would like to exchange links with your site http://www.forloveorfunny.com
Is this possible?