Me like fire

Me gather sticks.
Me light fire.

Me like fire.
Me like warmth.

Me cough.

Me hope the neighbors don’t call fire company.

Me like the primitive life.
Me gather food.

Me cook food.

Me eat food.

Me stare at embers while children eat.

Me children eat 100 smores. Each.

Me douse fire.

Me fear that 101st smore will cause stomach-ache.
Me good parent.

Speaking of food, I need your advice. If I drop dinner, can I pick it up and put it back in the frying pan? Click HERE to tell me what you think, and you’ll be automatically entered to win $150 from Laughing Cow. The winner will be randomly selected from our comments on Sunday, September 12th.

citymouse August 30, 2010 at 7:01 am

Hmmmm…. I love s’mores and haven’t had any in years. Now I am plotting to start fires around my house just to have a few!

Stopping by from SITS.
citymouse´s last blog post ..what is beautiful

Oklahoma Granny August 30, 2010 at 9:05 am

I’ve been known to toast a marshmallow for a s’more by using one of the burners on my gas stove.
Oklahoma Granny´s last blog post ..I Find Inspiration In My Blog Friends

Amber August 30, 2010 at 10:43 am

I need a smore. Stat!

Heather August 30, 2010 at 10:47 am

Yes good parenting always involves fire and sugar! Oh and if it was dark chocolate never fear the stomach ache….dark chocolate has anti-oxidants! There, now you have just made your kids healthier! =)

Maureen August 30, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Me tells 11 year old son to go ahead and have a fire in the backyard.
Me finds fire stinky and wonders the wisdom in having a fire on such a WINDY day.
Me runs out back door and stomps out fire that has left the fire pit with my bare feet in open sandals while visiting contractor smothers the flames with a piece of plywood, averting a potential house fire.
Me tells 11 year old son to “put the lid back on the fire pit, for heaven sakes”.
Me watches 11 year old grab lid with his bare fingers.
Me administers Advil and aloe to burnt fingers for the rest of the night.
Me feels like a terrrrrribbbllllee mother…..
🙁

Leah Rubin August 30, 2010 at 3:21 pm

You funny. Me want smores. You ruin diet. I like. ;^)

L.

Shaunna August 30, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Hey Lynn, this post cracked me up!! SO funny. Thank you for your sweet comment on my post today; made my afternoon. 🙂

lindy August 31, 2010 at 2:51 am

I have to admit – I have never eaten a smore, ever. Where have I been! They look wonderful!

Mary August 31, 2010 at 8:27 am

LOL – I think it depends what it was, if it’s a steak pick it up and keep cooking it. But sauce not so much. I also think it depends on the last time you cleaned the floor, last week umm no I don’t think I would eat it, plus you have a dog, yuck on the hair factor. thanks, Mary

keatsthesunshinegirl August 31, 2010 at 9:53 am

light a fire and gather round – eat, eat and enjoy. More marshmallows, please!