My daughter’s new bedroom

by Lynn on September 29, 2010

To celebrate my daughter’s entry into high school,
we decided to add a whole new addition to the house, just for her.

Yes, it’s a parapet.
We decided to use a stone facade, because it’s pretty.
Pretty sturdy, that is.

There are no windows in my daughter’s room,
but there’s a reason for that:  boys.

Our friends think we’ve gone a little crazy with our remodel,
but they don’t have daughters in high school yet.

In about ten years, they’ll be begging us to help them build a parapet.

Do you remember what you did in high school?
Frightening, isn’t it?

That’s why we are being proactive.
In fact, we’ve already started to build a parapet for our youngest daughter.
Lemme tell you, it’s amazing how well you sleep when your daughters are in a cozy fortress.

franticmommy September 29, 2010 at 6:31 am

Now THAT is cool. She could be Rapunzel in the stone tower! BTW, I LOVE the look of your blog! I’m getting bored with my uber crazy orange phycadellic template. Might be time for a change!
franticmommy´s last blog post ..Blogging Terminology – Franticmommy Style

Stephanie@Geezees September 29, 2010 at 6:55 am

That’s very cool!
Stephanie@Geezees´s last blog post ..stages of relationships

Jessica September 29, 2010 at 7:58 am

I used to think my mom was just mean, especially when she’d say no to something I wanted to do. Her reply would be something like “just wait until you have kids, then you’ll understand why I’m saying no”. Hmmm, guess she did know a thing or two about what teenagers did. I am understanding that now and TERRIFIED of those teenage years because I was a bad one!
Jessica´s last blog post ..A Little White Lie

Oklahoma Granny September 29, 2010 at 9:06 am

Just like franticmommy, the first thing I thought of was Rapunzel. Don’t let the girls grow their hair too long.
Oklahoma Granny´s last blog post ..Enduro Racing

anna see September 29, 2010 at 10:39 am

Brilliant idea! I need to look into that! :)

Caution Flag September 29, 2010 at 11:44 am

But can those walls block cell phone signals?
Caution Flag´s last blog post ..Wordful Wednesday- 7 Days

StacyQ September 29, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Two daughters, twin towers. I wonder if I can go up and down, or if I should go side-to-side with my parapets?

Kirsty September 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

It sure is frightening! What a jolly swell idea! I may have to do the same when I have kids! hahaha
Kirsty´s last blog post ..Liar- Liar- Pants on Fire!

Diana September 30, 2010 at 1:04 am

I’ll bet my dad wished he could have done that back when I was in high school. LOL! Ah yes, I do remember well……….

I’m going to have to mention this to my sons and daughter-in-laws… I’m sure they’d think it was an excellent idea to do this for the granddaughters. I’ll remind them of their high school days.

Yep. I’m sure this is going to be accepted quite well. :D
Diana´s last blog post ..camp cauble

melissa @ the inspired room September 30, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Great idea!! I should have thought of that when my girls were still at home. I wonder if I could have one added to a wing at their college, it would make a wonderful and much safer dorm room.
melissa @ the inspired room´s last blog post ..Fall Mantels- I Like ‘em Simple