The Big Bang theory…for dummies

by Lynn on January 26, 2011

My kids think I’m old enough to remember the start of the universe.

I tell them that yes, I once swam in the primordial soup.
It was kind of thick and smelly.

I saw the gas and dust collide to form planets. I witnessed the first thunderstorm.
And yes, I had a pet dinosaur. His name was Bronco Nagurski.

It’s kind of charming when my kids ask “What was it like to see life crawl out of the ocean?”
Ever the teacher, I respond: “You’re grounded.”

My kids ask me how these strange creatures climbed out of the ooze.
Frankly, I have no good explanation.

To make up for it, I tell them what it was like when Daddy first discovered fire.

Personally, I liked watching Daddy fight off the other men who wanted to steal our fire.
My husband looked so hot!  Get it?  Hot?  Bwah ha ha ha ha.

All joking aside, I knew exactly when mankind’s intellect leapt to greatness.
It was precisely the moment when a harried, sleep-deprived mother came up with this:

I believe she lifted the S’more into the air and said, “Dinner’s ready!”

laura January 26, 2011 at 8:43 am

That is the most perfect comeback I can imagine! (Also, that is a very perfect-looking s’more!)
laura´s last blog post ..doesnt everyones date nights end with bugs

Ramblin Mama January 26, 2011 at 1:10 pm

Mmmmm! A s’more would taste great right about now. We, here, just to your south, just cleared the first 4″ of snow and are looking toward another 8-12 this evening. Yes, a whole plate of s’mores might warm the tummy!!
Ramblin Mama´s last blog post ..Size DOES Matter ! ! !

Jen January 26, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Oh, I want some s’mores.

Cheri January 26, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Now that is my kind of dinner.

Vinobaby January 26, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Perfect.

Although if my son saw this he would want to move in with you and have s’mores for dinner forever.
Vinobaby´s last blog post ..Frozen at Age 36

Judy January 26, 2011 at 6:13 pm

Oh, Lynn, I LOVE the pics of the night sky & the fire. I’m particularly interested in what settings you used for the night sky—would you share? If you recall, I have the same Canon you do. Oh, & loved your story too
Judy

catherine lucas January 26, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Never had a smore in my life… But it sure looks good. I know it from the Sandlot Kids. They had smores. It’s un unknown thing in Belgium… No smores. ;o))) Love the photograph of the headless geese (or is it goose? Drats…)
catherine lucas´s last blog post ..A town in the sky

I'm So Fancy January 27, 2011 at 2:56 am

Ha ha! Thank you for the laugh! I needed that. I was feeling old enough today, to have, well, hired someone to invent fire for me. x

keatsthesunshinegirl January 27, 2011 at 5:08 am

Have a look in the mirror – you’re a young thing:)) so the start of the universe is alien to you!!!
Please may I have smore, worth a try, I think!