My daughters don’t want me to tell you this…

by Lynn on March 28, 2011

My kids don’t want me to tell you this…

…but I think it’s time to be truthful.
My girls are in love with MacGyver.

Every night, they gather around the TV and watch an old episode.
I’m a little worried that this is producing a bad side effect…

Granted, a little schoolgirl crush is harmless.
But I’ve noticed that things are spiraling out of control.

Frankly, this has become deeply disturbing, on so many levels.
For Pete’s sake, how do I stop this?

Most importantly, how the heck do I convince the girls that MacGyver is MINE???

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Kimberly March 28, 2011 at 7:23 am

How funny! Having boys, whom I assume at this point are heterosexual, I haven’t had this issue…but seriously…that cracks me up! I guess you could point out that he’s old enough to be their dad or their grandpa?
Kimberly´s last blog post ..Winning!

Christine March 28, 2011 at 8:15 am

Alas, I have no advice for you. MacGyver is dreamy and quick on his feet. Who can blame them?
Christine´s last blog post ..Recycled Wood Box

Frannie March 28, 2011 at 8:43 am

You could always get them hooked on Stargate SG1….he’s in that series too. :)
Frannie´s last blog post ..Sometimes being the favorite isnt all its cracked up to be

Amber March 28, 2011 at 10:32 am

How could they NOT like MacGyver? He is dreamy, in that 80’s kinda way, and everyone needs a man that can pick a lock, fix an airplane or repair a sinking boat with just a wad of gum, a bobby pin, a toothpick and a piece of string.

To be honest, I myself and more of a Matlock kind of gal though…
Amber´s last blog post ..Mira Mondays

Kala March 28, 2011 at 10:36 am

Hey, MacGyver is mine!!

Keriann Simpkins March 28, 2011 at 11:06 am

As I read this I thought…how do I break the news to her that MacGyver and I have had a pretty serious re;relationship of our own for many years now?! I’m so sorry to break it to you but really…you were just a fling! hehe =)
Keriann Simpkins´s last blog post ..Cupcakes

Ginny in Seattle March 28, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Anyone who can rock the mullet like McGyver is a demi-god in my book. That being said, if you really want to cure your girls of this, just show them the reality check that is McGyver today (ala “Fairly Legal”) : http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2299771392/nm0000760

Laura March 28, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Stopping by from SITS. Too funny. Just remind them that you like him first (in the family).
Laura´s last blog post ..Southern Magnolia Minerals Makeup GIVEAWAY

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart March 28, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh my goodness! I SO loved McGyver back int he day. I thought he was so hot AND smart. LOL! What that man could do with a gum wrapper and a piece of string. Ha! Ha! Thanks for the flashback!

the wanna be country girl March 28, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Alright girls, I’m going to have to arm wrestle y’all fro him. Anyone who can build a bomb out of a toothpick, q-tip and a pack of matches is the guy form me.
the wanna be country girl – Caroline
the wanna be country girl´s last blog post ..Millie and her brood part 5 – Chicken minis

J.J. in L.A. March 28, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Have you introduced them to Justin Bieber?

catherine lucas March 28, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Hmmm. Some sharing might be in order. I completely understand. But give me William Hurt instead of McGyver. I’d rather not share my televison loves. ;o)))
catherine lucas´s last blog post ..House musings

Cheryl Barker March 29, 2011 at 10:48 am

Okay, this is just flat-out hilarious :)
Cheryl Barker´s last blog post ..Handle With Care

Rachael March 29, 2011 at 10:24 pm

There’s some great MacGyver tshirts out there you should consider buying them for christmas or birthdays.
Or…buying for yourself =)
I swear I’m not being paid to say that. I swear on MacGyver’s life.
Oh, wait…
Rachael´s last blog post ..The Responsibility Monster

Laura@JourneyChic March 30, 2011 at 9:27 am

Hi there! Popped over from The Lettered Cottage, and this post put a smile on my face! When we were in fourth grade (when MacGyver actually had new episodes!) my friend and I wrote a letter to Richard Dean Anderson’s fan club. Sadly, he did not write back, and our crush was, well, crushed!

Missy March 31, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I just love MacGyver too! It’s been years (like 30) since I’ve watched it, but it used to be my favorite show – before Quantum Leap came along.
Missy´s last blog post ..Literal Quote of the Day