My husband spanked me and I don’t care.

by Lynn on July 6, 2011

Something terrifying happened this summer.
I discovered that I’m the weakest link in our family.

It’s sad to be puny.
I begged my kid to stop rowing so hard.
We were going in circles because I couldn’t keep up.

“Oh, Mom, you’re so cute.”

“No, really. I mean it. I can’t keep up with you.
You’re too strong. Paddle with less oomph, I beg you.
I no longer have the cardiovascular capacity of an elite athlete.”

Ha ha. Like I ever was an elite athlete… but my kid doesn’t know that.

“Gee, Mom, I could paddle around the lake again. Why do you look so tired?”

I laughed tiredly and begged my kids to carry me to the car.
Fortunately, my husband took pity on me and hoisted me over his shoulder.
I muttered that I needed chocolate ice cream, and he sympathetically patted me on the butt.
Or maybe he was just copping a feel. I don’t know and I don’t care. At least I was not walking.

This post brought to you by Parents Who Prefer Sedentary Activities.
We like to sit.

Angie July 6, 2011 at 8:23 am

I’m feeling your pain on this one and I don’t even have a teenager. I’ve had to take up running (let’s be real, I jog) in order to keep up with my toddler. She wears me out. Every. Single. Day. I have no idea how you people with more than one child do it. No more for me. One and done!

PS- My husband would totally cop a feel too!
Angie´s last blog post ..1-Liner Wednesday

Jen July 6, 2011 at 9:11 am

I do enjoy sitting.

Pat July 6, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I’d be happy if my husband could LIFT me, let alone cop a feel.

Mellodee625 July 6, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I must be a charter member of “Parents Who Prefer Sedentary Activities”! Sitting (in a chair, not a canoe!) has always been one of my very best things!!! LOL!
Mellodee625´s last blog post .."I Could Write a Book" (2nd)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart July 6, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Oh I hope I never become the weakest link. LOL! I’m so competitive. But getting a spank on the butt from my hubby isn’t so bad. HA! HA!
Have a great week.

I'm So Fancy July 7, 2011 at 2:32 am

I would be thrilled if my husband could hoist me over his shoulder and cop a feel! You are clearly the master of this game.

Marie Brannon July 7, 2011 at 11:30 am

There’s nothing wrong with being the weakest link. Especially if that’s the treatment you get! I’m sure you are the strongest at something else.
Marie Brannon´s last blog post ..Panasonic Fuzzy Logic Rice Cookers

jasmine July 7, 2011 at 4:07 pm

haha, you are so silly! :p You should maybe go on more float trips down a river, MUCH less rowing ;) Thanks, Love the post.
jasmine´s last blog post ..Invalid Feed

Lee-Ann July 7, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Hahahaha, too funny. You are so luck you got a ride! :)
Lee-Ann´s last blog post ..Time for Something New