How do I get that guy naked?

by Lynn on October 12, 2011

When I can’t figure out how to get a guy naked,
I take a walk. Walking helps me think.

Walking helps me figure out how to get that guy to take off his clothes.
Frankly, I can’t just rip off his shirt and holler “Let’s get it on!”
It has to be romantic and emotional, as well as sexy.

I love you, Mommy

Wait a second.
I’m talking about composing a love scene.
You knew that, right? I wasn’t talking about seducing the electrician.

You are the center of my universe, Mommy.

Golly, this is embarrassing.
I tend to lose my grip on reality when I’m writing love scenes.
Not that my grip on reality was all that tight to begin with. Hardy har har.

I'm tired. Hold me, Mommy.

Admittedly, I’m crazy about writing love scenes for one reason.
They’re a heckuva lot of fun to write.
Yes, heckuva is a word.
Didn’t you know?

Do you have a dog cookie, Mommy?

Wait a minute. Did I feed my kids breakfast this morning?
I’m pretty sure I did, but I feel like I forgot something.
I have the overwhelming urge to feed someone.
But I don’t know why. That’s weird.

At least I can honestly say that my dog had nothing to do this.

This post brought to you by Shelties, Anonymous.
We’re smarter than you think.

Michele October 12, 2011 at 9:45 am

This one is funny. I often try to walk to clear my head too and then as I am walking my mind is racing about just such things. Did I lock the door before I left? Where is my cell phone? What if I fall? What should I make for dinner tonight? What does my hair look like right now? Oh it is endless. That is the curse of being a woman I guess. We can’t ever be quiet!

Kate October 12, 2011 at 10:35 am

exactly what Michele says . . . we can’t ever be quiet . . . oh . . . we may be quiet in that we don’t actually VERBALISE much . . . but gosh . . . our brains are going a mile-a-minute
I am completely dumbfounded every time I think about my husband’s answer that yes, guys really CAN be thinking ‘nothing’ . . . why did God make our brains so darn different?
good luck on your scene writing . . . and give your sweet pooch a snuggle . . . love to see pics of her . . . and of your girls . . .
thanks for letting us have a glimpse into your world . . . it never disappoints! :)

Oklahoma Granny October 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Dogs certainly have the unconditional love thing down pat. On another note, I’m still shopping.

catherine lucas October 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm

My god, I love that sheltie of yours. She is too cute for words.
catherine lucas´s last blog post ..Blog candy and art journals

Tammie October 13, 2011 at 2:38 am

I love the photos you have here for us…They are so cute!!
Tammie´s last blog post ..at home game tester jobs

Life In A Pink Fibro October 13, 2011 at 6:34 am

Love this! I love writing love scenes – well, once I work out whether or not things are physically possible, I love writing them…

Thanks for popping by the Fibro today.
Life In A Pink Fibro´s last blog post ..A blog is a chain made of 1000 links (Happy SITS Day to me!)

Jo H. October 13, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Kate’s comment was just what I was thinking – my husband can honestly be thinking about nothing, while my mind is NEVER quiet – always jumping from topic to topic. Strange!

Your dog has such a sweet face! Love the commentary.

Jo H. October 13, 2011 at 4:07 pm

P. S. Are there Martians in your book? Cuz aliens can make humans do anything – like lose their clothes magically. If not Martians, how about rain, snow, heat, fire, ripped seams, or falling in the pool?!

Missy | The Literal Mom October 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm

The stuff that goes through my head on a walk or exercising or driving in the car – alone – would probably fill a therapist’s chair for years. ;)
Missy | The Literal Mom´s last blog post ..Big News! Fun Announcements!