I resolve to find what rhymes with “orange”

by Lynn on January 6, 2012

Resolutions are like diets.
I’ve never had one that lasted more than a month.
So this year, I’m making resolutions that I know I’ll keep.

#1 – I resolve to celebrate more often.

#2 – I resolve to drink only from screw top champagne bottles,
because they crack me up.

#3 – I resolve to figure out how to remove that weird thing from between my legs.

#4 – I resolve to spend more time with friends.

#5 – I resolve to spend more time with friends who bring me pie.

#6 – I resolve to share pie with friends instead of eating it all myself.
Actually, that’s not my real resolution for this year.
In 2012, I am going to do something scary.

There are a couple of things that I’d really like to try, but I’ve been too timid to attempt.
One of those things is as simple as driving to Philly to see the Museum of Art.
This year, I’m going to tackle a few of my “wishes.”

Okay, now it’s your time to confess.
Tell me one of your resolutions for 2012.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart January 6, 2012 at 6:58 am

You know I was going to say something about taking that thing from your legs in photo #3 but it just kind of got weird so I decided against it. I’ll be no help, because I don’t do weird. *cough*
Aaaanyway….I didn’t “officially” make any list of my own, so with the exception of #3 I’ll just copy your list if you don’t mind. Wait, maybe I should resolve not to copy people. That sounds easy enough.
You’re disowning me after this comment aren’t you? Unless I fall under #6, then it trumps the whole thing.
I’m going now. You’re welcome!
HUGS!
Kim @ Homesteader’s Heart´s last blog post ..More my speed!

Valerene Matthews, Malaysia January 6, 2012 at 9:33 am

Resolutions? Why? WHAT? It’s 2012 already?? oops.
Valerene Matthews, Malaysia´s last blog post ..How we ended up in Botswana, Africa!

Sandy January 6, 2012 at 9:46 am

yeah, #3 was kinda a little weird and awkward…just sayin’.

i don’t make new years resolutions…i hate to set myself up for disappointment =o(

Pat January 6, 2012 at 10:35 am

Yeah, the whole #3 thing? Won’t go there. Ha ha!

Sounds like you’ve got some good resolutions. My most important one is getting my health in order. LOSE WEIGHT!
Pat´s last blog post ..Your in My SPACE!

Christopher January 6, 2012 at 10:51 am

One of my resolutions will be to not forget what my resolutions for this year are, so on January 1st, 2013, when I wake up and start thinking about making some resolutions I won’t ask myself, “What was it exactly that I’d resolved to do last year? Did I accomplish it?”

My only other resolution is to do something that scares me. Something sensible, of course. I mean, jumping off a cliff onto a giant spike scares me, but I’m not doing to do that. No, I’m going to take one of my irrational fears and overcome it. I’m thinking I’ll start going to yoga classes again, only this time I’m determined to try bending my body into that sarvangasana position, which terrifies me because I have a completely irrational fear of putting my feet over my head.

By the way Lynn, I hope that when you drive to Philly and visit the Museum of Art you take lots of pictures and write up a long blog post about it. And while you’re there visit the Mutter Museum too. Now THERE’S something to be scared of.

Lisa in Elijahland January 6, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I love your resolutions! :) Best ones ever.
Lisa in Elijahland´s last blog post ..A Little…

Jo H. January 6, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Oh-oh-oh! Someone with a sweet face is going to be offended by #3, unless you allow her to sit on your lap instead :)

These sound like fine resolutions. Mine is quite boring but necessary: get myself moving more, and I don’t mean moving my fingers to write more comments. I am not an energetic person, and this resolution is like a giant brick wall to me.

Nan y Jo January 6, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Porridge – rhymes with orange.

Jazmin January 19, 2012 at 5:06 am

I think I will make my own resolutions too…
Jazmin´s last blog post ..wheelchair access vehicles