Pranked. Again.

by Lynn on January 20, 2012

Something weird happened a few weeks ago.

A flamingo suddenly appeared in our yard.
This was weird, because we don’t even live in Florida.

My ferocious guard dog didn’t notice anything amiss.
She was too busy, er, chasing dust bunnies.

The flamingo in our yard presented a complex, highly troubling problem.
You see, we “flamingo-ed” more than one person a few weeks ago.
As a result, we had no idea who returned the favor.
Oh, what a tangled web of deceit we weave.

However, I noticed that this flamingo was suitably attired for the holiday.
Whoever pranked us had a highly developed sense of style.

Then I noticed the break in the wood where my daughter snapped the post in two.
There was only one location where she nearly decapitated a flamingo.
That’s how I deduced who pranked us back.

So now, the planning and plotting begins to prank back my neighbors.
It’s going to be a very good year…
Mwah ha ha ha.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart January 20, 2012 at 6:50 am

Okay first let me clear up any misconception. I’ve lived in Florida for almost 32 years now and I’ve yet to see a pink flamingo in anyone’s yard. LOL! I believe the anti flamingo law was passed in 1979. But don’t quote me.
Anyway, I love the pranks. Our BFF’s decorate a house near them for Christmas. The funny thing is is that nobody lives there. Each night they sneak a tacky plastic figure in the yard and everybody wonders where it all comes from. LOL!
Can’t wait to see how the next prank plays out!
Hugs!
Kim @ Homesteader’s Heart´s last blog post ..Blogging Encouragement!

Christopher January 20, 2012 at 9:13 am

It’s going to be a very good year for all of us who read this blog–and who appreciate pranks.

And Kim–my parents currently live in Florida. If there is an anti-flamingo law I hope my father doesn’t find out about it. He’s the sort of person who’d fill his yard with flamingos just to see what would happen.

Lee-Ann January 20, 2012 at 9:43 am

What a fun & cool idea!
Lee-Ann´s last blog post ..Legoland Florida

Oklahoma Granny January 20, 2012 at 11:53 am

I could never prank anyone with a flamingo. Everyone knows we have a ‘thing’ in our family for flamingos. In fact, our granddaughter gave me one for Christmas that plays ‘Santa Baby.’

Jo H. January 20, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Oh, good sleuthing, Sherlock! Please let us know how you paid back the payback!

Dustin January 20, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I think I’d be happy living in your neighborhood with neighbors that share such good vibes. I checked on the Anti-Flamingo Law but I couldnt find it. So did you already have your payback?

Thanks,
Dustin
Dustin´s last blog post ..How To Get A Girl To Like You

Grams January 21, 2012 at 12:41 am

You should do a whole flock of flamingos. There is a nonprofit in our community that does a flock of flamingos as a fundraiser. They place them in your yard overnight and then you make a donation and choose the next yard they get moved to.
Grams´s last blog post ..Grams Made Filled Peanut Butter Cups

Odd Dad January 21, 2012 at 8:55 am

I say instead of getting back at the people who did this to you that you pay it forward and prank somebody new! Keep the prank going around the whole neighborhood. Put it in a stranger’s yard! Really make them wonder. Pranks are great. What a cool story.
Odd Dad´s last blog post ..My kid’s homework is stressing me out!

Pat January 21, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Your neighborhood must be more fun than a barrel of, why, PINK FLAMINGOS!

mom taxi julie January 21, 2012 at 4:16 pm

What fun! I so need to do this with some of my neighbors!
mom taxi julie´s last blog post ..Windy windy and the Eye Dr.