Weird stuff

by Lynn on January 13, 2012

It’s been a weird winter around here.
So far, this is as icy as it has gotten:

When I walk the dog, it looks downright summery outside.

I have no explanation for this weirdness.

Even the bluebirds who sit on the fence seem to be saying,
“What the heck is going on around here, Writer Lady?”

Yes, I talk to the animals. Is that weird?
Forget about that. There is something even weirder:

It’s chocolate wine.
FYI – sometimes two rights CAN produce a wrong.
While we’re on the subject of wine, I discovered a new way to transport it.

Have no worry. I haven’t spent the entirety of 2012 guzzling spirits.
I’ve also spent a goodly amount of time exercising.

I even hit the tennis ball a few times.
Afterwards, I nourished myself with a wholesome snack.

Even though we’re only 13 days into the weirdness of 2012,
I can honestly say it’s been a darn good year.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart January 13, 2012 at 6:07 am

I have to say it’s been unseasonably warm even for Florida. We’ve only had one really bad cold snap (not complaining).
You know I’ve seen that chocolate wine before and wondered what it taste like. Don’t bother eh?Personally I like a good Cabernet Sauvignon with chocolate dipped strawberries on the side. YUM! I do have an anniversary coming up. Hmmm…….
So is this exercising you do working for ya? LOL! Let me know because I’ll gladly change my workout regimen.
HUGS!!!
Kim @ Homesteader’s Heart´s last blog post ..The Ugly Cake!

Barbara January 13, 2012 at 7:05 am

It has been a weird year so far. We had a dusting of snow yesterday but by tomorrow we’ll be back in the 50’s and 60’s again for the foreseeable future.

Love the pictures. Chocolate wine is a bit awful but eating dark chocolate while drinking wine is great!
Barbara´s last blog post ..Brad Pitt or Baseball: Moneyball DVD Giveaway

Christopher January 13, 2012 at 8:26 am

I just hope you’re having ketchup with those fries so you get two servings of vegetables.

And whoever made it should have known that chocolate wine would not be a good idea. The answer to the question “Would you prefer red or white?” should never be “Brown”.

However I have yet to try to a chocolate beer I didn’t like. Especially Young’s Double Chocolate Stout.

Sandy January 13, 2012 at 9:40 am

you know, that wine really should be in a car seat! =o)

Jo H. January 13, 2012 at 1:35 pm

My husband considers both fries and potato chips to be vegetables :)

We are happily owned by a black cat and I think of Friday the 13th as a day to celebrate how much we love him!

Have a nice weekend!

Pat January 13, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I just LOVE that bluebird photo! And I think chocolate wine is awesome! Can’t drink a LOT of it, but it DOES taste great!
Pat´s last blog post ..It’s the end of the world as we know it

Jacki Kelly January 14, 2012 at 11:12 am

Lynn, it looks like your year is off to a great start. Long walks, good exercise, yummy food and of course the Chocolate wine. What else could a body want?