Even dogs have bad hair days…

by Lynn on February 1, 2012

I know my dog pretty well.
This is a good hair day:

This is a bad hair day:

But there is one thing that I can’t figure out…
What the heck is this?

A smile?

A snarl?

A snile?

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart February 1, 2012 at 6:21 am

I love your dog!!!! That first picture looks as if she’s royalty. And I’ll tell you exactly what she’s thinking in the last picture, because I of course speak fluent dog. She’s thinking, “Mom? Mom? Mom? Okay, Mom? Yeah, you’re the bestest best Mom in the world. Thank you for taking me for a ride. I love rides. Rides are the best. Can we go to the park? Mom? Mom?”
So that would make it a smile of course!
I’m not sure what you’d do without me here to explain things to you. BUT, I’m happy to do it.
Hee! Hee!
Have a lovely day Lynn.
Kim @ Homesteader’s Heart´s last blog post ..Let My Daughter Help You Get Ready for V-Day!

Christine February 1, 2012 at 7:17 am

Aww, she looks likes she is laughing at something you said…which would make sense, right? :)
Christine´s last blog post ..Upcycled Flower Pot with Paint and The Graphics Fairy

Sandy February 1, 2012 at 9:24 am

it is a smirk…

Kelley February 1, 2012 at 9:38 am

That’s the “hey lady. You’re pretty neat. You know that right? So, give me some treats.” face.

I know it well because my dog does it too. She not only suckers me, but my husband, too!
Kelley´s last blog post ..Taco Seasoning–homemade!

Jen February 1, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Ha! That is just awesome.

Christopher February 1, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Like Kim I think it’s a smile. Heck, I know it’s a smile. I’ve had my own dogs make that face at me multiple times, usually right before they hit me with a great big sloppy kiss. She’s smiling and laughing at the same time.

Jo H. February 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Oh, Lynn, I LOVE your dog posts! She’s so photogenic!

I think it’s a smile, too. With maybe a laugh, like Christopher said.

jo February 1, 2012 at 2:33 pm

A smarl, it’s definitely a smarl.

diane February 1, 2012 at 2:56 pm

I’d say that is one happy dog!
diane´s last blog post ..HD Expo 2012–we are trying our lucky hand in Vegas again this year

Jenn Duval February 1, 2012 at 4:50 pm

If she’s anything like my dog, she’s telling you “don’t you dare post that picture of me and my bad hair day!” lol

Courtney Lane February 2, 2012 at 2:56 am

Oh my gosh this post killed me! Your dog is hilarious! Is she a dachshund?

Sharon Wagner February 2, 2012 at 9:42 am

My best hair days don’t even look that cute!
Sharon Wagner´s last blog post ..That’s just typical…

Akishya February 2, 2012 at 9:41 pm

You really had a gorgeous dog! I Think she’s listening on what your saying or she’s so happy and she wants you to see her smiling in front of you.
Akishya´s last blog post ..Happy New Year To All Of You And Hope You Like The Aquarium Fish Photos Here …

Eileen February 3, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I think the “bad hair day” is pretty stinkin’ adorable!! And that last picture is a very self-satisfied snicker. My old Aussie make that face after a particularly looooong Frisbee session.