X doesn’t mark the spot…unless it does

by Lynn on August 24, 2012

I’m on a quest for knowledge.
Because taking my kid to visit colleges makes me feel dumb…

…and really, really, poor.

By the way, the Latin translation for VERITAS is:
“This will cost you $325,167 dollars.”

My husband sought to make me feel better by inviting me to go hiking.

He led me deep into a pine forest.
He promised that I’d find wisdom there.
I was hoping to find lots of money to pay for tuition.

Alas, all I could find was a couple of ticks and 3,000 hungry mosquitos.
After they drained me of blood, I lost my zeal to find anything in these woods.

I managed to reach the lookout, and was rewarded with a pretty good view.
My husband was unmoved by the scenery. He insisted I look at the carving on a nearby rock.

Unless there is money hidden under this rock,
I’m not interested in this kind of wisdom.

Do any of you want to buy this stone for $325,167 dollars?

Christopher August 24, 2012 at 8:39 am

Wow. I don’t know if I’d pay that much for the stone even if I had that kind of money to throw around, but I really love it. It’s so truthful. “Nothing” really is written in stone!
Christopher´s last blog post ..Dear David Mitchell…

Sue and Danny August 24, 2012 at 2:43 pm

My son just left yesterday for his first year at Temple University. He went and looked at several. His brother took a year off and is going to Drexel in less than a month (trimesters – they start later). They both are paying for everything themselves! I simply cannot – nor do I want to. I think it will build character in them and have them appreciate everything even more. They both need to learn how hard they must work to go to college. They need to understand that it isn’t a right – it is earned! If they choose to go to a party – great. However, they will learn the hard way. Both going to school and working to appreciate to school and every single book, course and meal they pay for. I did it. Even if I had the money, I wouldn’t… Just sayin’

Heather's Happenings August 24, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Haha I love the translation of VERITAS!
Oh wow that view and blue sky is beautiful!
Heather’s Happenings´s last blog post ..Cookie Yumminess

Jo H. August 24, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Love the stone! (but not $325,167 worth :))

Cottage by The Sea August 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I totally get your truth. I myself have bought three of those stones so far. My kids threw in a few bucks and we’re all just hoping that our purchases pay off in the end. If not – We’ll blame it on the economy.

Alex August 31, 2012 at 8:59 am

Wow that looks absolutely beautiful. (and LOL at nothing is written in stone) Popping by from SITS