My dog thinks she’s part of the Christmas display

by Lynn on December 10, 2012

I started to hallucinate after I ate some cookies and hot cocoa.
Guess I ate too much, because the snowman display looked REALLY weird.

My sheltie

There was another snowman in the hallway.
It looked furry and ill-at-ease.

Thanks to the cookies, I could communicate with the new snowman.
We transmitted our thoughts telepathically, with a single glance.
The snowman begged me not to remove him from the display.
He also told me to eat another cookie.

Sheltie in lights

I ate two more cookies, because I like to go above and beyond the call of duty.
After another mug of cocoa, I decided to keep the new snowman.
He added a note of realism to the scene.

shelie

His enthusiasm waned when he heard someone walk into the kitchen.
I told him to stay still. Snowmen don’t prance around and drool.
He was disappointed to learn that snowmen don’t eat.
As soon as a bag of potato chips opened…

No more furry snowman.
What should I do?

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart December 10, 2012 at 7:29 am

It’s the cutest furry snowman I’ve ever seen in my life. Okayyy, so it’s the ONLY furry snowman I’ve ever seen in my life but it doesn’t make it any less cute. ;-)
My no sugar thing took a bit of a back seat last night as I took a bite of a hot Krispy Kreme doughnut. In my defense, I’d never had one and everyone RAVES about them. And you know what I found out? I can totally live without them. I guess not eating processed sugar has done some good after all. LOL! And you needed to know all this because…………….?
XOXO
Kim @ Homesteader’s Heart´s last blog post ..Chicken Video Update!

tori nelson December 10, 2012 at 8:37 am

Told you to eat another cookie? I like the way that snowdog thinks :)
tori nelson´s last blog post ..Tiny Spark Series: A Helping Heart

Christopher December 10, 2012 at 8:53 am

Clearly more snowmen should be furry. But I’m surprised that furry snowman told you to eat a cookie and didn’t instead say, “Give me that cookie.”
Christopher´s last blog post ..Dear David Mitchell…

Sandy December 10, 2012 at 12:46 pm

maybe he should aspire to be a reindeer instead! *</:o)

Cottage By The Sea December 10, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Oh my, the things we do to amuse ourselves with our furry friends. I think they love it though, don’t you? Your furry snowman has the right idea telling you to eat more cookies and cocoa. Happy mommies make happy puppies. I’m reading your book, ooh la la I haven’t read a romance in 25 years! Loving it and have some pictures soon of when I opened it and how excited I was. Congratulations, you’re a rock star!

Jo H. December 10, 2012 at 7:45 pm

What should you do?

The answer is clear: put those lights on yourself and have another cookie.

Alex December 11, 2012 at 12:16 am

Its a funny kind of Christmas decoration…Love it!
Alex´s last blog post ..Samsung Galaxy S3 – The Best Android Phone?

Annette December 11, 2012 at 10:19 am

This fellow Sheltie owner is smiling. Your posts make my day. So adorable!
Annette´s last blog post ..December Cards & More Projects

The Retired One December 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Oh how I have missed reading your blog!!! Trying to do some reading of my good blogging buddies’ blogs tonight and so glad I stopped by!!
The Retired One´s last blog post ..This and That from late Autumn…….