I’ve fallen in love with another man. My husband isn’t too happy.

by Lynn on December 7, 2012

As soon as I saw him,
I had to have him.

snowmen

So, I brought him home.
He joined the other guys I hide from my husband.

snowmen

I fall in love with every snowman I met.
Guess I’m kind of a floozy, huh?

I’m a sucker for a fellow with a happy disposition…
and every snowman I meet has a great smile.

snowmen

They’re never grumpy.
Or irritable.
Or mean.

snowmen

They think all my jokes are funny.
They like to watch my favorite TV shows.
And they’re always happy to see me when I walk by.

snowmen

My husband says my snowman fixation is starting to cause a problem.
The bookcase is groaning under the weight of all the snowmen.
And we can’t find the dog.

Perhaps I have a problem, after all.
What do you collect?

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart December 7, 2012 at 7:16 am

Soooooo did you know that I collect snowmen too? I think it’s because I live in Florida and can’t build my own. Not that I want to build my own, because that would involve it snowing and I don’t want it to snow. That’s why I live in Florida. I’ve lived in snow……and now I don’t……soooo I’m good. Yup!
XOXO
Kim @ Homesteader’s Heart´s last blog post ..Thanksgiving…..Go Ahead and Laugh! I did…..later.

Jo H. December 7, 2012 at 8:34 am

I love your snowmen too :)

What do I collect? Dust elephants, apparently. Made up of dust and cat hair. I have more of them than anything else in the house!

April Brooks December 7, 2012 at 8:36 am

Oh, I knew I loved you! I am an avid snowman collector, too! For all the same reasons you listed! I bought one last week from the thrift store and my daughter just rolled her eyes and asked, “Why in the world do you want another one?!!!” I just smiled and placed my new friend up on the shelf with his new family, and I swear his smile got a little bigger. ;-)
April Brooks´s last blog post ..Scripture and a Snapshot

Eileen Emerson December 7, 2012 at 8:47 am

Oh, man! I’m a total snowman floozie!! I absolutely love them and cover the house with snowmen every December!

The dogs love them, too. But that’s another story for another time. :(

diane December 7, 2012 at 3:23 pm

sad to say I collect snowmen too but never thought of them in quite this way. I better take a closer look when I set them out next week! BTW..I am even geekier because I keep mine out until the final ski trip of the season, usually in March. People think it is a little weird here in San Diego but when you find a good man you should keep him, right?

Donnamae December 7, 2012 at 4:14 pm

How wonderful! I collect Snowmen too! I have a huge lighted one on our front porch to greet you, and lots of smaller ones too. They are always so happy…they can’t help but make you smile! ;)

Kathy Ethington December 7, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I also have to admit I have an assortment of those lovable snowmen. I try to keep them small so they are easier to store. But most of all, I collect Silkstone Barbies….why the Silkstone? They are a special kind of Barbie doll…very special and a cross between the vintage and the modern. They have fantastic clothes and accessories. And the hairdos…fabulous…anyway just thought I’d tell you abou tit.
Kathy Ethington´s last blog post ..Good night Halloween