Why Christmas trees are like fifty year-old women

by Lynn on December 24, 2012

Christmas trees are like fifty year-old women,
because they look best in dim light.

snowflake

Use just enough light to see the character,
and just enough darkness to soften the, uh, missing glitter.

christmas tree

Believe me, once that first laugh line appears,
you become an expert in the benefits of lighting.
Not that I would know that, personally.
I’m still 29 years old.

But I hope your face is laden with laugh lines.
Because that means you are spending most of your time smiling.

Just like that Christmas tree laden with imperfect ornaments,
you are a delight to behold, no matter how bright the light.
Yes, I’m feeling mushy and loving today, because of you.
Thank you for spending time with me over the holidays!

Our Christmas mantle

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.
See you next week!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart December 24, 2012 at 9:05 am

My laugh lines go deep. I used to hate them but then I realized I must be very blessed to have had so many opportunities to smile and laugh that it made a lasting impression on my face. :-)
Have a Merry Christmas my friend!!!!
OXOXO
Kim @ Homesteader’s Heart´s last blog post ..Because Christmas Cards Didn’t Happen This Year!

Donnamae December 24, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Yes, I look best in candlelight too….but I am older than you…I’m ___-23=32!! Merry Christmas!! ;)

Jo H. December 24, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Beautiful tree! Yep, I look better in dim light, for sure :)

Have a wonderful Christmas, Lynn!

Cottage By The Sea December 26, 2012 at 11:59 am

I definitely look better (and feel better about myself) in dim light. I like to think of it as my mid life glow! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to read your book yet but I’m trying to get the time. On 4 Jan. we take our youngest to University in Ohio. It’s a 6 hour plane ride and a 3 hour drive. I’m hoping your book will make the travel pleasurable, so I’m saving it for that. I can’t wait! Have a joyous, healthy, prosperous New Year full of Peace. Blessings, Tia

Christopher January 2, 2013 at 9:15 am

There is one major difference between Christmas trees and fifty-year old women: Christmas trees are only brought out once a year. Fifty-year old women should be out year-round.
Christopher´s last blog post ..Happy Birthday To Me.

Alex January 3, 2013 at 3:56 am

Even this Christmas tree is too old looks really awesome..
Alex´s last blog post ..Bad Piggies – The Android Game App 2012