I like to beat my husband. Do you?

by Lynn on May 17, 2013

I like to beat my husband. Do you?
I beat him as often as possible, especially when he’s pestering me.
Regular beatings help keep a marriage equal…and just make me feel good.

Wait a minute. I’m talking about beating my husband at basketball. You knew that, right?

IMG_0708

Unfortunately, I have to keep beating my husband because I vacuumed my car.
Yep, I vacuumed my car right after our honeymoon, and sucked up the film from our trip.

IMG_0705

That was back in the fifteenth century, when folks used 35 mm film.
My film happened to have pictures that PROVED I beat him in a game of arcade basketball.

vacuums

That voracious car vacuum has caused nearly 25 years of marital strife.
Every time we pass an arcade, I have to prove myself AGAIN.

IMG_0704

So, admit it. You like to beat your spouse, too.

What is the game you try your darnedest to win against your beloved?

My book, Anything You Ask, is FREE on Kindle until May 18th.
If you like contemporary romance, click here and grab a copy!
The story will be available for other ebook formats in July.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart May 17, 2013 at 5:54 am

We are pretty equally matched with games that don’t take brute strength. Like in bowling we are VERY competitive and pretty equally matched though I still have the highest score of 191 to his 190. And yes I do hold that over his head. Ha! But put he and I in a raquetball court and he’ll beat me every time. *sigh* Darn those big manly muscles of his. *wink*
OXOX,
Kim @ Homesteader’s Heart´s last blog post ..Happy Flowers!

Christa the BabbyMama May 17, 2013 at 11:23 am

I loved beating him at duels in World of Warcraft!
Christa the BabbyMama´s last blog post ..P. the Photographer III

Jo H. May 17, 2013 at 1:29 pm

The memory game. As in, what happened, and when, in our lives. He’s very good at it, and I keep trying to win, but can’t. But if I could get him to engage in the game of who wore what and said what, I’m pretty sure I’d win that one!

diane May 17, 2013 at 3:05 pm

I must say I almost stopped reading and gave an enthusiastic “YES” answer to your first question. Fortunately, I continued to read. Too short for basketball, too slow on the ski slopes so, after nearly 30 years of marriage I gave up….it keeps life pleasant and calm if I LET him think he won…that is how I always win!
diane´s last blog post ..How do I purchase designer furniture and fabrics if I am not a designer?

Amber May 17, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I can beat him in some video games. He is NOT happy when this happens.
Amber´s last blog post ..Countdown to Disney World: Rapunzel and Flynn

Melissa@Home on Deranged May 18, 2013 at 12:41 am

Oh lord, yes. The first time we went bowling together, I was far more skilled and beat him regularly. He was determined to pass me, so we went bowling all. the. time. And he eventually broke 200 and beat me. And has kept the printed copy since then and hung it on our refrigerator ever since. So I took my winning score from our dominoes game (in which he considers himself a pro) and have keep it on the fridge ever since. True love.
Melissa@Home on Deranged´s last blog post ..Does wearing pearls make my toilet look fat?