Why I’m making my husband wear an anti-bark collar

by Lynn on June 26, 2013

A few days ago, our dog met a new friend.
At first, all seemed well.

IMG_1258

They ran around.
They played.

IMG_1246
Our dog had such a good time, she barked.
Unfortunately, she was wearing her anti-bark collar at the time.
I took the collar off, but the damage was done. She retreated to the far end of the yard.
She was determined NOT to bark again, because barking was so unpleasant a few minutes ago.

IMG_1264

Her new friend didn’t understand this existential turn of events.
Her parents didn’t forget to take off her anti-bark collar.
So she wanted to keep playing, Dawg.

IMG_1283

In an effort to help our dog snap out of her doldrums, I tried to put the bark collar on my husband.
Wow, he’s really fast. And smart. I couldn’t catch him, but I reached my target heart rate.
I even lost a few pounds…and our dog still isn’t barking…so it’s a win/win for me.

This post brought to you by Anything You Ask, my novella.
All Hale Cooper had in the world was his dog…until he returned home to win Danielle’s heart.
Currently available for $2.99 in the Kindle Select store. On sale for all ebook readers in July.
#1 in Contemporary Fiction and Women’s Fiction in the Free Kindle Store in May.

JDaniel4's Mom June 26, 2013 at 6:56 am

Husband chasing sounds like quite a workout!
JDaniel4′s Mom´s last blog post ..Park Hop- Cedar Falls Park

Jo H. June 26, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Awwww … I almost hate to ask, but what happens when the dog barks while wearing the anti-bark collar? A shock, maybe? Poor girl. Hope she comes out to play soon.

If a person puts the anti-bark collar on, does s/he need to bark to set it off, or does talking do it? Because that’s important for the person to know, right?

Melissa@Home on Deranged June 26, 2013 at 3:30 pm

First off, where do you keep finding these ridiculously awesome dogs? The little is gorgeous.
Second, poor baby. Looking all sad and lonely. The dogs, not your husband. Although he might have felt a little sad as well.
My husband once tested our electric fence wire (to keep the dogs from escaping) with his hand. Because he’s brilliant like that.
Melissa@Home on Deranged´s last blog post ..Riding the roads for Wonderful Wednesday

Cottage By The Sea June 26, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I’m pretty fast and my husband needs an electric collar. I think I could catch him. Could you tell me where to buy one?

Bev June 27, 2013 at 7:45 am

Aw, poor thing! I wonder why, though, your husband didn’t want to try it out… ;-)
Bev´s last blog post ..Everything Happens for a Reason

Tamara June 27, 2013 at 8:33 am

She is unbelievably cute. I think yours is the collie? If not, they’re both unbelievably cute. My parents have a collie and he is the best.
Tamara´s last blog post ..It’s a Flood or It’s a Drought.

Christopher June 27, 2013 at 10:13 am

I want to hug the little black puppy. She looks so sad in that last picture.

Also you’ve got me wondering if an anti-bark collar would cure my snoring.
Christopher´s last blog post ..Dear David Mitchell…