You say artsy, I say fartsy.

by Lynn on April 23, 2014

Mother Nature loathes me.
Frankly, I think she’s jealous of my beauty.
I look pretty darn hot if you take off your glasses.

IMG_2153

To punish me, she’s throwing rain and cold temps our way.
Ha. Do your worst, Mother Nature. I can take it.
My daughter, however, can’t.
Guess which one is mine:

IMG_2124

So, if any of you have any connections with Mother Nature, tell her I’m ugly.
And tell her playing lacrosse on rainy spring days ain’t no picnic.
Oh, and tell her the daffodils are screaming for some sun.

IMG_2150

In fact, send her this artsy-fartsy photo of a daffodil in distress.
But don’t say “fartsy.” Mother Nature wouldn’t approve.
She’s very proper and refined. Unlike moi.

IMG_2152

Are you sick of Mother Nature’s machinations?
I say let’s rebel! Don’t allow her to control us any longer.
In fact, let’s all use the word “fartsy” just to annoy her and see what happens.

You go first…

Christopher April 23, 2014 at 9:53 am

I’m tired of it being June one day and December the next, but Mother Nature scares me. I’m not sure I want to rebel against her no matter what she does.

She has lightning and tornadoes after all.

Lynn April 23, 2014 at 9:57 am

Good point, Christopher. The threat of lightning is good reason NOT to anger Mother Nature. Perhaps I won’t use the word “fartsy” any longer. Oh, drat. I just did.

Diane April 23, 2014 at 2:21 pm

Yes, we are pretty sick of these chilly 67 degree days and having to wear parkas and blankets to the college baseball games when it then drops to a freezing 61! So fartsy to you Mother Nature for messing with perfection in San Diego.
DianeĀ“s last blog post ..What message is the exterior of your home sending?

Donnamae April 23, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Up here in this part of the country…we’ve been calling Mother Nature all sorts of names…farsty never came up! Go figure! But…it’s supposed to be spring now…so as long as we don’t get snow….She’s golden! ;)

Jo H. April 23, 2014 at 11:03 pm

I don’t worry too much about the cooler/colder weather hanging on, because I mind the heat of summer SO much. Gotta save my complaining points and spend ‘em during the heat and humidity in a few months’ time :)

Lynn April 24, 2014 at 7:56 am

Personally, I think we should all go on vacation to Hawaii.

Cottage By The Sea April 29, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Or you could all come down here to Southern California. It’s 87 at the beach today. Not bragging – just sayin’. If it makes you feel any better, we pay for this weather with high taxes and “fartsy” politics!